Sunday, March 6, 2011

Expecting...

Yes, yes... after years of trying and finally thinking we weren't able to have children, we have unexpectedly found out that we are expecting #1, or possibly #2 (twins do run on my side of the family). We're very shocked and surprised and excited and possibly running on every emotion there is.

We're guessing I'm about 2-3 months along, but I'm going to the doctor soon so we can have a better guesstimate on when we're due. We thought something was up when I went on this hCG diet, and I was losing weight everywhere BUT my mid to lower stomach. Josh brought to my attention that I could possibly be pregnant, and bless his soul-- I didn't believe him and even argued with him that I wasn't. So we bought a test, and we both peed on it... yes, he took a pregnancy test with me-- for the simple fact that we were both on hCG and since it's a pregnancy hormone, it could or would show up on both tests. His took a while but finally showed up negative. My test, however, showed up positive in a hurry. I stood there looking at the results for a while, and Josh said, "Honey I don't think the results are going to change the longer you look at it." LOL...

So I stopped my birth control immediately and am now taking prenatal vitamins that look like red horse pills. And maybe it's a mental thing, but my body knows that I'm pregnant. For instance, this morning at I-HOP, I was eating hashbrowns and the first thing I tasted was butter.. not potatoes but butter. Josh tasted it as well but not as strong as I did. I'm very tired today- of course that could be b/c I've been awake since 5:00 am. And I've been craving broccoli casserole, so I made one for supper and while I haven't eaten ALL of it, I have eaten quite a bit of that. And actually preferred that over cubed steak (which is very ick to me right now). OH and I've gone from not being able to eat carrots, broccoli, and nuts to eating apples, pineapple, carrots, broccoli, and toffee nuts. And trying to cut back on caffeine, but as we all know-- Amanda needs her coffee. And my digestive system is all screwed up.. which makes me nauseous ever so slightly.

So that's the story and why I had to stop doing the hCG diet..

No comments: