Wednesday, March 16, 2011

And Stretch...

Well Friday marks our first, official ultrasound-- and I gotta say we are very excited to find out how baby is looking and doing and how long/old he/she is.. OH and to find out how many there are in there. :)

Josh and I have established some compromises as far as baby is concerned. And yes I realize that the baby isn't born yet, and we have NO idea what we're getting into-- so things may change, but these are things that we would LIKE to have or see happen.

1) Josh has established himself as getting the good in the baby- meaning he gets to feed, coo, hold the baby, and change the pee-pee diapers. I get to change the poo-poo diapers and clean any spit-up and/or throw-up. :) This one is still in the works of compromise. :))

2) We're going to get a Baby Bullet. We want to know what's going into our baby's mouth, and we want to make sure it's produce with natural sugars and so forth.

3) We're going to have a separate playroom for toys and games-- MAYBE a TV. In their room, books only. That way when they get sent to their room, they can either read to pass time or do nothing at all.

4) Which leads to.. no cell phones until they are driving.

5) Final and more important-- I'm going to breastfeed, and baby is going to stay in a bassinet in our room for the first 4 months or so. I'm reading a book called the Baby Sleep Guide, and it's really given me a lot of pointers and helpful hints for a peaceful and healthy sleeping baby.

So... what's going on with my ever-changing body?? Well-- just within the week or two, I've gone from looking sorta pregnant to really looking pregnant (which is really cute if I do say so myself). Putting on scrub pants or pants/shorts in general is interesting in itself. Usually the front band or elastic is below the belly while the back of the pants is pulled up like it should be b/c they're too small. 1) I don't want to buy scrub pants if I don't have to.. too expensive (unless you can find them at Goodwill, but when you wear a size XS or S- what good does a L or XL do you?) 2) As previously stated, I have a small stature, and it is VERY difficult to find pants that will fit in the waist and in length. Shirts are starting to get tighter on me. And not meaning to get gross, but I'm going to have to move up in a bra size or get a maternity bra soon. I've gained back my pre hCG weight, which is fine now that I know what the added weight IS now. And I can literally feel my stomach muscles stretching and getting bigger. My skin is super tight right now and seems to be even worse after I eat.

Some days I'm not tired at all and feel great, like I can do anything-- and others I have a lot of pressure on my lower back and stomach, and I feel like I could crawl in a hole and sleep. I took a nap today in our little screening room, and it was dark and cool and quiet.. and I did NOT want to get up and go back to work. But it gave me enough energy to get through the afternoon. So today was a, "I can feel the baby growing," day. LOL. I'm still bloated and gassy (again, sorry) on a daily basis, but I've been trying to eat and snack throughout the day to avoid that. Some days it helps, and others like today, it didn't.

I'm still craving lemonade (which I gave into today and got some Minute Maid). But I find that I crave weird things at weird times like today I wanted shrimp sauce. I've only been nauseous twice now, and today was one of them. I smell weird things like onion rings across the room at a restaurant. My coffee smelled like wet cat food. And my Chinese food smelled like... well I don't remember, but I thought, "What the hell is that smell?" and realized it was supper. OH and the smells STILL came through my stuffy nose this am, but all I could smell was cologne and perfume (which gave me a headache).

So in short, that's what's going on. :) Weird feelings and weird smells. I still can't believe I'm pregnant, but I know that will change Friday. Will keep you posted.

1 comment:

tina.ari said...

I remember being able to smell our neighbor's dog after it rained...they lived 3 houses away from us, far enough that I couldn't SEE the dog, but I could SMELL him!! And the smell of milk, coffee, and chocolate had me hurtling to the bathroom. Going to the grocery store was a major chore just because of all the smells. Oh, and the grossest one: Hilmi came in the bathroom one morning while I was in the shower...to pee. I thought I was going to puke in the shower. I was gagging and pleading with him to flush and spray something. I really don't know that I had morning sickness; I think I was just overly sensitive to smells!!

:) I'm so excited for you...thanks for sharing your journey with all of us!