Monday, April 20, 2009

Beginning of New Week

Let's see.. still writing.. Friday I turned in two pet articles. Saturday I wrote about the basics of vegetable garden growing, one re-write on Liberia and one on Libya. I took off Sunday and wrote two articles on aromatherapy.

I did send an email to the editor-in-chief of Diabetes Health magazine in hopes of being able to write an article for them. I've been in ophthalmology for the ten years or so, and I must say that besides eyes- endocrinology is something I've been extremely interested in. I think I could definitely hold my own when it came to writing for this magazine.

Mom got me this huge 2009 Writer's Market book filled with literary agencies, publishing agencies, and magazines to write for. I'm starting to go through that and see what I can get into. I would still love to write for Bon Appetit one of these days... to see my name in my favorite magazine ever would be the great accomplishment and dream. I would just about frame that article. LOL...

As much as I love writing and doing what I'm doing, I'm slowly starting to realize that I can't make the kind of money I want to make being a ghostwriter. I write the articles but they're not really mine.. they belong to someone else. But writing is writing, and it's great practice... very good practice.. so I'll keep on keeping on.

No comments: