Sunday, June 13, 2010

Se7en Weeks and Counting...

This past Friday marked our seven week mark until the big move from NC to GA. Yes after 29-30 years of living in the state of NC, Josh and I have decided to spread our wings and fly to Rincon, GA.

Why, you may ask? Well that's just one of the MANY questions we've been asked ever since people have found out we're moving. Quite frankly, I'm tired of answering the same questions over and over again. SO here are the answers--

Why Georgia? Because Josh and I have been in NC our entire lives (me more than him but still), and it's time for us to go. Plus when we go on vacation, we tend to go to the beaches of Tybee and downtown Savannah... and a very good question was presented to us, "Why don't we just live here?"

What's in Georgia? What I really want to say is, "What's in NC?" You know this area used to be booming but now... well... it's not. But I just shrug and don't respond. Personally I'm sick of NC-- it's the same routine, the same way to work, the same environment, the same scenery, and hours away from the beaches of Tybee Island and Hilton Head.

Do you have family down there? No.

Where in Georgia are you moving to? Atlanta? No, to a town to called Rincon. Where is that? About ten minutes or so from Savannah. Thirty to forty minutes from Tybee and Hilton Head. Rincon is in the halfway mark.

What are you going to do for jobs? I'm going to work on Hilton Head. Josh is going to get a part time job and is going to promote the crap out of his photography.

Are you staying in ophthalmology? Yes.

Since you're going to be on the beach, can we come stay with you and visit? If I like you, yes. If I don't, then no. (I don't really say this, but I want to. Those of you know who I love, who I tolerate, and who I really don't like AT ALL).

Are your dogs excited? Sure- why not? Actually they'll probably be excited once they discover the beaches of Hilton Head and a dog park at their new apartment.

Is your mom freakin out? She was at first, but now she's more on board with it. She's helping us move.

And last question is: When is your last day? July 23rd.

1 comment:

Joshua said...

ANSWERS every question we get asked all the time!!