Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Biggest Pet Peeves EVER..

It seems to be a daily complaint to my husband (God bless him) about the fact that I am underestimated and second guessed--- ALWAYS!!! I shocked a fellow co-worker today when I told her, "I put on a good front," because she always thought I was happy where I was.. which I am to a certain extent.. BUT when it's a daily thing-- it gets old and tiring and stressful.

Now I'm not saying I'm perfect because I'm not... I make mistakes and forget to do things- BUT don't ever underestimate me. If I don't know or if I do make a mistake, I'm a big enough person to say, "Hey I screwed up." I'm a good speller- don't ever ask me to spell something and then turn around to use your dictionary to look the word up b/c 9 out of 10 times, I'm right. Trust me.

Don't blame me for something that you did when it clearly says that YOU did it. And if you do, have the freakin decency to apologize.

Don't ever cut me off when I'm trying to tell you something important... OMFG... this happens several times a day. At first I just shut up and let people talk-- now I'm like, "OKAY like I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted." Or I will just go ask someone else and get my answers. Fortunately my doctor has recognized this and says, "Amanda what were you going to say?!" Interrupting people is the rudest thing another person can do. I don't open my mouth and talk much, but when I do-- you better freakin guarantee that it's important-- especially where patients are concerned. Don't cut me off in mid-sentence because you THINK you know what I'm going to say when you really don't.

I roll my eyes a lot and shake my head a lot because I'm so sick of being underestimated and second guessed... but I have to remind myself, "It's only temporary."

No comments: