Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Name's Amanda and I'm a Food-a-holic.

My second blog in a day... pause for shock...

Recently Josh and I took a day trip to Gatlinburg, TN (the same night we got the cops called on us b/c our dogs were raising hell). We ate some of the BEST food that day. First was the Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurant for a late lunch. Josh and I ate pulled barbecue pork sandwiches with caramelized onions on Hawaiian Sweet bread.. oooohhhh they were SO good. We made a trip to the candy store (a tradition we seem to have when traveling out of state) where I ate some crabs, aka Turtles. Then there was dinner... oh dinner...

We made our first trip to Bonefish Grill after being disappointed that Cheeseburgers in Paradise had closed down. Once we got seated at Bonefish, we quickly got over our grief. LOL... Bonefish gets fresh fish five out of seven days. And EVERYTHING is made to order. We started out with a crab cake-- a fairly large CRAB cake that had more crab meat than stuffing. I have grown fairly fond of crab cakes-- it started when Josh and I ate at A.J.'s Dockside (except that was more stuffing than meat but still good). Then came our entrees- me shrimp pad thai and Josh got sesame crusted tuna that was perfectly seared on the outside and perfectly raw inside. It came with jasmine/parsley rice and some sort of carrot salad.

So what have I made recently?? Well last night I bought some boston roast and made some bbq in the crockpot. It turned out really well!!! And today I perfected my bechamel sauce and made a mushroom lasagna. This recipe I'm very proud of b/c it's something new, I did a good job, and I think it's going to taste wonderful!!!! With my herb garden, I've been trying to make recipes that require fresh herbs, so I've been using a lot of rosemary, thyme, and some oregano. Still trying to find a good recipe that uses fresh basil... maybe I'll try a pesto or something of that nature.

No comments: