Saturday, February 21, 2009

New Update.

It's been a long time since I've blogged here, but here I am... keeping my word about what's going on with my writing and such.

My freelance career is starting off slow, but I'd much rather have it start out slow than not at all. I know that I'm not going to be able to quit the eye business on Monday, and I'm okay with that. But writing is something I've wanted to do since I was a teenager. Writing comes natural to me, and it's something I am passionate about, and for that- I'll gladly wait my turn to be a permanent stay-at-home writer.

So what's new in the writing world of Amanda??

Well right now I'm working on my first Grant Writing project in ophthalmology (eyes). I have never done grant writing before (yes the guy knows this), but I'm strong in ophthalmology so he's letting me take the project on. We're working together-- he's doing the research, and when the time comes, I'm doing the writing. I've bought a Grant Writing book and have been very dependent on my wonderful cousin who is experienced in research and grant writing--- THANK YOU JESSICA!! Every email that is sent, I forward to her for her professional opinion.

I've also been in contact with someone about re-writing 25 articles twice, and that looks promising.

I'm really strong in the medical field- obviously-so I think writing and re-writing medical articles is going to be my strong suit and a strong start to my freelance career, which is fine with me. Everyone needs to start somewhere.

I have also been working on another book-- this one a little darker than the first one, actually, it's a lot darker than the first one. LOL...

So that's what's going on with the writing world of me. Now that I know how to blog on "blogger" correctly, I'll post more often.

Love to all.

No comments: